Kamet (“We” or “us”) take your privacy seriously and are fully committed to handling the information we collect from you in a secure and responsible manner. We are dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We may update this notice from time to time and will publish the new version on our website. This notice was last updated on May 25th, 2018.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
You may give us information or we may collect information about you in the following situations :
- Application and hiring process: Information may be given with your resume, received from headhunters or generally collected through the course of the application and recruitment process.
- Studies: Information may be received or collected from your for the purpose of quantitative/ethnographic studies.
- Business relations: Information received from you in the course of the negotiation and execution of our business arrangements with you.
- Investor relations: Information received from you in the context of your investment in one of our ventures.
The type and amount of data we collect varies depending on your relationship with us :
- Name and contact data: first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data such as delivery address.
- Demographic data: age, gender, etc.
- Details of your contract: information necessary to handle our business or employment relationship.
- Location data: data about your location if location services are enabled. If your location services are not turned on, we will not collect any information about your location
- Your interactions with us: content of messages, e-mails, letters or phone calls you send us, such as feedback and reviews you write, or questions and information you provide. When you contact us, phone conversations may be monitored and recorded.
- CCTV: data captured by our security cameras.
2. HOW AND WHY DO WE USE IT?
We may use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide you with the goods and services you ask from us
- Improve our goods and services
- Conduct our business operations
- Do marketing activities
- Comply with legal obligations
- Use it for human resources management, including evaluating candidates for employment
3. DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We share your Personal Data with your consent or as necessary with the following third parties:
- Service providers
- Banks and other entities that process payment transactions/provide financial services
- Business partners
- Other Kamet entities or ventures
- Legal authorities or regulatory bodies
- Parties involved with current or prospective legal proceedings, or assisting us to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
4. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Data as long as there is a legal basis. This legal basis can be:
- Because you gave your consent
- Because we need it to execute or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- Because it is in our legitimate interest
- Because we need it to comply with the law
5. ARE YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER COUNTRY?
In cases where we could be led to transfer your data to a location outside the European Union with an inadequate level of data protection, we will ensure your data is given a similar level of protection to that required under European data privacy laws and regulations.
Any sensitive personal data shall not be transferred outside European Economic Area without you being informed prior to the transfer.
For recruitment or HR purposes, personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area with similar level of protection to that required under European data privacy laws and regulations.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your Personal Data will be retained as long as needed for the purposes for which they have been collected.
This includes retention of some Personal Data following the end of our relationship with you, for example, to resolve any potential disputes and for ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, to maintain records of our services, and otherwise to comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights.
7. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SECURED?
We regularly review the technical and organizational security measures we have in place on our information and communications systems in order to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of your personal information.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can exercise any of your data subject rights. Under the data protection laws and regulations, you have right to:
- Access: you have the right to know whether we hold personal data about you. Obtain a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you, together with other information about how we process it.
- Rectification: you can request rectification of inaccurate data.
- Erasure: you can request erasure of your Personal Data
- Restriction: you have a right to ask us to restrict our use of your Personal Data in some circumstances, for example, while we investigate a complaint that the data we hold about you is inaccurate
- Portability: you have the right to receive a copy or have a copy transmitted to another company (in a machine-readable format) of Personal Data which you have provided to us
- Objection: you can object to the use of your personal data for some purposes (e.g. direct marketing purposes)
You can also withdraw any consent which you have given relating to the use of your data, at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel like your rights have been violated.
8. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Data Protection Office
30 Rue Fortuny